Privacy & Security
Ready Travel Pty Limited is a subsidiary of Jetset Travelworld Ltd. Ready Travel Pty Limited and its related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (collectively referred to as "we", "us" and "Ready Travel Pty Limited") are subject to the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth)).
This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Ready Travel Pty Limited protects the privacy of your personal information under the National Privacy Principles. It will apply to any personal information you provide to us:
- When making a booking with us,
- Via readyrooms.com or readyflights.com.au or other online sites operated by Ready Travel Pty Limited; and
- Under any other agreement or arrangement.
This Privacy Statement will also apply to any information about you that is provided to us by someone else such as a travel agent.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to Ready Travel Pty Limited employee records or the employee records of any related body corporate of Ready Travel Pty Limited, which are generally exempt from the legislation.
What Information Do We Collect?
The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us. For example, when you request us to make your travel arrangements, we may collect details such as your name, address, travel details, credit/debit card number and expiry date, billing address, telephone numbers, loyalty program membership details, dietary requirements (if any) and health issues relevant to your travel arrangements. As we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of "sensitive information" we will assume that you have consented to our collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Statement.
How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), visit our web site or when you have contact with us in person. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. For example:
- From people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- From third party telesales companies that collect your personal information and disclose it to us so that we may issue you with your ticket and make and fulfil your travel arrangements or market our products and services to you;
- Other service providers who collect information on our behalf such as travel agents; and
- From market research companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We generally collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your travel arrangements and other transactions;
- To facilitate your participation in loyalty and other incentive programs; and
- To conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research.
Some of the personal information we collect is essential for us to be able to accurately identify who is using the service. Other types of personal information we collect help us to profile those using our services.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services, airlines and other travel providers, data processing companies (including operators of global distribution systems and payment clearing houses) for the purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes, for example to complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service that you requested.
We may also disclose your personal information to various law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security, customs and immigration purposes. Your information will also be shared between Ready Travel Pty Limited and its related bodies corporate where necessary to fulfil our purposes.
We engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example, we engage third party contractors to:
- Provide email and mail handling services;
- Provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services;
- Process travel bookings made via readyrooms.com, readyflights.com.au or other online sites operated by Ready Travel Pty Ltd;
- Conduct market research;
- Provide travel services;
- Collect commissions on bookings on our behalf;
- Provide information technology services such as airline related systems, data storage, passenger processing systems, communication networks, software and system development and maintenance;
- Assist with obtaining payment from creditors; and
In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it. In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it. Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Access & Correction of Information About You
We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information. We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with in a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the National Privacy Principles.
Keeping Your Personal Information Up To Date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
Transfer of Information Overseas
We may transfer to people in foreign countries any of your personal information to fulfil the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, for example to:
- Ready Travel Pty Limited offices overseas;
- Data processors (including operators of global travel distribution systems);
- Airlines, hotels and other travel service providers; and
- Information technology and business process service providers.
In many cases the transfer will be necessary for the performance of our contract with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you or for the performance of a contract with a third party which is concluded in your interests.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, have a complaint about a breach of your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please forward your request, complaint or query to the address below. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on readyrooms.com and readyflights.com.au, so please visit these sites periodically to ensure that you have our most current privacy statement.
Our Contact DetailsReady Travel Pty Limited
ACN 139 386 520
Level 28 Australia Square
264 George St Sydney, NSW 2000
Intellectual Property Rights
The material contained on this web site is protected by copyright. You may use this web site only for your personal and non-commercial purposes. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on this web site, or create any other material using material on this web site, without obtaining the prior written consent of Ready Travel Pty Limited. Trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of Ready Travel Pty Limited.
The products, technology and processes contained in this website may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by Ready Travel Pty Limited or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as set out in these Terms. Your use of this web site must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
This web site may contain links to, or frame, web sites of third parties ("external sites"). Ready Travel Pty Limited is not required to maintain or update the links. Links to, or framing of, external sites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by Ready Travel Pty Limited of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on this web site.
Ready Travel Pty Limited makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to material contained on external sites.
When you book hotels, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this web site. Ready Travel Pty Limited makes no warranty in respect of the strength or effectiveness of that encryption and Ready Travel Pty Limited is not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of the information you provide.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. Any web server (including this one) may:
- Store one or more cookies in your browser;
- Request your browser to transmit this data back to the web server; or
- Request your browser to transmit a cookie that has been stored on your browser by another site within the same internet domain. For example, all servers in the domains readyrooms.com and readyflights.com.au may retrieve a cookie set by the web server readyrooms.com or readyflights.com.au
These web sites may store cookies on your web browser in order to improve service for you on your subsequent visits to these web sites.
By using cookies, web sites can track information about visitors' use of the site and provide customised content. Most web browsers can be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it. You may also inspect the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Except where to do so would cause any part of these Terms to be illegal, void or unenforceable, Ready Travel Pty Limited:
- Excludes all conditions and warranties implied into these Terms;
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, is not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with use of these web sites; and
- Excludes liability (whether that liability arises under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without limitation loss of revenue and loss of, or damage to, data) suffered or incurred in connection with these web sites.
Without limiting the general disclaimer, Ready Travel Pty Limited:
- Makes no warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of any material or as to its merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Ready Travel Pty Limited is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on these web sites or if that information is not up-to-date;
- Will not be liable for disruptions to these web sites; and
- Is not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of these web sites or an external site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for use from these web sites is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your computer systems.
Linking to READYROOMS.COM and READYFLIGHTS.COM.AU
In order to be able to link to information on this site you will need to agree to general linking conditions and obtain approval from the Online Marketing team.
To obtain linking approval, contact the READYROOMS.COM™ call centre on the details provided below, ensure you provide the following information and you will be contacted by a member of the Online Marketing team.
- Company Name
- Contact Name
- E-mail Address
- URL of internet site that will link to readyrooms.com or readyflights.com.au
- Nature of your company's web site
Contact the READYROOMS.COM™ call centre on:
Toll free within Australia 1300 658 867 or Outside Australia call +61 (2) 9304 7052.
Open 8.30am-6pm Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Saturday AEST, excluding public holidays
Please consult your telephone service provider for full details on toll-free and freecall numbers.